“Being active is more than just Fun and Games”
Not only does recreation help you stay active and happy, but it can have many benefits for your mind and body. Leisure activities have been found to help maintain your overall well-being. Isolation is one of the leading causes of depression among seniors. Living at Magnolia Senior Living Apartments, gives you access to a wide variety of activities to help support your physical and mental health.
Take a look at how hobbies and leisure activities that are offered at Magnolia Terrace Senior Living Apartments can benefit you.
- Enhances your happiness – You may find that activities such as our musical programs; volunteering in our gift shop; or just having a conversation over a meal will help you feel happier and increased overall personal satisfaction.
- Memory Improvements – Many hobbies engage and may even challenge your mental abilities. Some have found that they have increased retention, comprehension, and problem solving. Things offered to you at our senior living community include trivia, brain games, crossword puzzles, card games, etc.
- Stress Reduction – Individuals who pursue hobbies not only have increased happiness but may have their stress reduced. Some things such as taking a walk, gardening, and listening to music also help create a stress reducing environment.
- Increased Flexibility and Balance – Activities that include movement assist with stretching your muscles and improving your flexibility and balance. Activities offered at Magnolia Terrace include Wii Games, Chair Yoga, dancing, exercise classes, washers, etc.
- Better Sleep – All the leisure activities offered during the day at Magnolia Terrace Senior Living Apartments, will help you get a more restful night of sleep. Activity during the day can be the best medicine for sleep.
Join the Magnolia Terrace Senior Living Community and remain active and happy