Friendship, Games, Trips, Travel and More
At Magnolia Terrace Senior Living Apartments, we have something for everyone. Our activity staff works one on one with you to enhance your quality of life, by focusing on your ability and adapting our activities to meet your individual needs.
Activities come alive at Magnolia Terrace. New friends are made by spending time with others living in our community. We believe that for you to reach the highest level of health and wellness you need quality of life. This is where the activity staff is constantly developing opportunities for you to grow physically and mentally but also help you preserve your independence. There is always an opportunity for a new experience.
If you are creative or crafty you may enjoy our painting classes, craft classes, flower arranging, and more.
If the outdoors appeals more to you, you will definitely love a walk on our paved walking trail with exercise stations. Our pavilion is a great place to sit and enjoy the beautifully landscaped gardens. Our own playground offers an activity you can share with your grandchildren. You may also enjoy gardening, sitting by “Susie’s Butterfly Garden” or our fish pond.
If you are the social type and like to be around others, we have card parties, wine and cheese parties, bingo, live entertainment, etc.
Those that like to get out on the town can enjoy scenic rides, fishing, summer band concerts, attending the local MASC Theater, day trips, participating in parades and much more.
Living at Magnolia Terrace Senior Living you will find people gathering to enjoy life together.
Places We Have Been
- Weekly shopping trips
- Summer band concerts, Waterloo, IL
- Botanical Gardens, St. Louis, MO
- The “Barefoot Restaurant”, Alton, IL
- Bald Eagle watching, Grafton, IL
- Blue Owl Restaurant, Kimmswick, MO
- Scenic Rides
- Waterloo History Museum
- Eckert’s Apple Orchard, Belleville, IL
- Christmas Light viewing
- National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, Belleville, IL
- Monroe County YMCA (Water aerobics and more!)
Group Activities at Magnolia Terrace
- Exercise three times a week
- Live musical entertainment
- Chair Yoga one time a week
- Movie nights
- Pampered Hands – Manicures
- Bingo and Card Lotto
- Wii Bowling and Games
- Trivia games
- Table Top Horse Races
- Happy hours
- Local plays
- Flower arranging
- Seasonal – cooking
- Cake decorating
- Weekly bible study
- Scheduled multi-denominational religious services including communion and rosary
Family Focused Activities
- Family nights
- Holiday-themed dinners
- Monthly Kloepper Tournaments
- Annual dog show
- County Fair Trips
- Community Christmas Trim-A-Tree
- Senior luncheons
- Family Easter egg hunts
- Halloween trick or treating and costume contest
- Annual Veteran’s Day program
- Mardi Gras celebration
- Older Americans Month celebrations
- Soup N Pie Suppers
- Annual block party
- Fall Bazaar
- Kaskaskia Trail Chorus performances
- New Year’s celebrations