Promoting Physical Wellness
Our team of nurses works closely with your physician to develop an individualized care plan for each resident. All residents are re-assessed every three months, if there is a change in condition, and when a resident returns from the hospital or skilled care.
Our team is committed to helping seniors remain as healthy and safe as possible. When you move into Magnolia Terrace Senior Living, a nurse will complete a personalized assessment to create a plan to address physical and social needs.
An onsite physical therapy gym offers you the convenience of skilled therapy from our team of outstanding registered therapists.
- Outside paved walking trail with exercise stations give you the opportunity to maintain your wellness while being outside enjoying nature.
- Climate-controlled walkways connect to the main campus. Even during extreme temperature, you can enjoy a daily walk around the community.
- Our licensed nurse offers regular blood pressure and weight checks
- Sit and Be Fit Exercise Class
- Chair Yoga
- Walking Challenges
- In house therapy services
- Interactive and fun video mobility games
Therefore, adding an exercise routine to your week can you both your physical and mental health. Exercise can:
- Improve your mood – Consider joining our Sit and Be Fit Class or Chair Yoga to keep a happy, healthy mind. Self-esteem and confidence increases with exercise because you feel better about yourself. It also boosts your energy and helps you to get out and do the things you love.
- Can improve your memory – Exercise increases blood flow to your brain. This is crucial because healthy blood flow brings oxygen, glucose and other nutrients to the brain. An engaging activity calendar helps promote a more vibrant lifestyle.
- Reduce or eliminate pain – Fitness programs help maintain healthy muscles and joints. It also helps control swelling and pain associated with arthritis
- Improve mobility – Stretching and strengthening exercises help restore your ability to move.
- Improve your balance and prevent falls – It has been proven that seniors remain living independently longer with regular exercise due to improved balance
- Promote better sleep – Regular activity can help you go to sleep faster and deepen your sleep.